Ball valve preparation before installation
1. The front and rear pipes should be coaxial, and the sealing surfaces of the two flanges should be parallel. The pipe should be able to withstand the weight of the ball valve, otherwise the pipe must be equipped with appropriate support.
2. Purge the pipeline before and after the valve to remove oil, welding slag and all other impurities from the pipeline.
3. Check the sign of the ball valve and find out that the ball valve is intact. The valve was fully opened and closed several times to confirm that it was working properly.
4. Remove the protective parts on the flanges at both ends of the ball valve.
5. Inspect the valve hole to remove any possible dirt and then clean the valve hole. Even small particles of foreign matter between the seat and the ball may damage the seat sealing surface.
Ball valve installation
1. Install the ball valve on the pipeline. Any end of the ball valve can be installed at the upstream end. The ball valve with the handle can be mounted anywhere on the pipe. However, gearboxes or pneumatic ball valves should be installed upright, that is, on horizontal pipes, and the drive unit is above the pipe.
2. Install a gasket between the valve flange and the pipeline flange according to the pipeline design requirements.
3. The bolts on the flange should be tightened symmetrically, successively and evenly.
4. Connect the pneumatic line (when using a pneumatic drive).
Ball valve inspection after installation
1. Operate the driver to open and close the ball valve several times. It should be flexible and free of stagnation, and confirm that it works normally.
2. Check the sealing performance of the flange joint between the pipe and the ball valve according to the pipeline design requirements.
Post time: Jul-05-2019